Govinda’s Eco Community is a unique project dedicated to the teachings of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who desired that people become more self-sufficient, live simply off the land, and raise protected cows.
People are becoming increasingly frustrated with materialistic life and many are suffering from the pressures that mass consumerism inflicts on their minds and bodies.
Together we can combine our knowledge, experience and talents in order to achieve a common goal, which is;
To introduce a sustainable lifestyle with the principles of cow protection, permaculture and eco housing and a community centre as the heart of the project, in accordance with Srila Prabhupada’s formula “Simple living and high thinking.”
Why support Govinda’s Eco Community?
- This will be the first Eco Community in the Republic of Ireland which will be a learning centre for Universities, Schools, and communities.
- There will be a community hall to facilitate seminars in spiritual wisdom, cow protection and permaculture as well as public gatherings and festivals.
- To set an example of a sustainable and traditional farming lifestyle.
- To implement an exemplary and modern cow care protection facility with acres of pasture land for them to roam in.
- To create environmentally friendly food sources, by employing practices such as crop rotation and companion planting, composting, organic fertilisers, and other ecological methods.
- To immerse oneself in nature, with peaceful gardens and the community grounds.
- To construct low carbon footprint housing with locally sourced materials.
- To encourage people to explore ancient wisdom of bygone eras thus leading to a life of spiritual harmony and physical well-being.
- To awaken the spirit of compassion, gratitude and peaceful cooperation among all living beings.